Topic: fom - 01 - preface
Replies: 18   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 3:34 PM

Virgil

Re: fom - 01 - preface

In article
<3a1910d9-7a3d-4370-9a7e-343e6bdec80c@x20g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 11 Dez., 12:54, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> <spamt...@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:

> > In <virgil-2FC1D7.13530210122...@BIGNEWS.USENETMONSTER.COM>, on
> > 12/10/2012
> >    at 01:53 PM, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> said:
> >

> > >In order to define the product of a real number times a
> > >transfinite, the definition must hold for all reals and all
> > >transfinites.

> > There's a more fundamental problem; she/he/it is conflating cardinals,

> Cantor was a male. So "he" would be appropriate.

It is hardly clear from the snipped quote from my post that he/she/it
necessarily refers to Cantor.

> By the way: Have you understood my convergence-proof of first semester
> level?

Every "proof" of yours that I remember has been flawed.

What was your error in that one?