Topic: fom - 01 - preface
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 3:36 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: fom - 01 - preface

On 12 Dez., 12:07, Alan Smaill <sma...@SPAMinf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:
> > On 11 Dez., 12:54, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> > <spamt...@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:

> >> In <virgil-2FC1D7.13530210122...@BIGNEWS.USENETMONSTER.COM>, on

> >> There's a more fundamental problem; she/he/it is conflating cardinals,
>
> > Cantor was a male. So "he" would be appropriate.
>
> And the problem is passed over in silence by WM.

No, I mentioned the problem that Shmuel cannot even calculate limits
of sipmle sequences. And again I mention the problem that you cannot
read simple texts:
See: Grundlagen einer allgemeinen Mannigfaltigkeitslehre (Leipzig
1883)] There he writes: "da doch auf diese Weise eine bestimmte
Erweiterung des reellen Zahlengebietes in das Unendlichgroße erreicht
ist" My translation: Since in this manner a definite extension of the
real domain of numbers into the infinitely large has been
accomplished.

Regards, WM