Topic: Vector integration - accelerometer data processing
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 1:54 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Vector integration - accelerometer data processing

"Jun " <wangjun_7@163.com> wrote in message
> John Lukesh <jlukesh@deltanet.com> wrote in message
> <3AC566B5.F7239A4C@deltanet.com>...

>> Hi,
>> I think you should look at MATLAB?s ode (ordinary differential equations)
>> functions, function ode45 for example. You should be able to set up your
>> integration of accelerometer data problem as a set of first order
>> differential equations and use one of the ode functions to solve for
>> velocity and position. Go to help/function/ode45 as a start.
>> Regards, John Lukesh
>> Sebastien Moindrot wrote:

>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > I'm looking for a function to help me to process the output from an
>> > accelerometer to obtain velocity and Position. The data are
>> > acceleration measured every 0.1s. If such a function is available
>> > could please tell me which one it is or if you have met such a problem
>> > in the past.
>> > Thanks for your help.
>> >
>> > Sebastien

> Dear John,
> Can you tell me your new email address please?

Considering that John's last posting was over eight years ago (according to
MATLAB Central) if you want to ask a question you should probably post it to
the newsgroup rather than trying to email him. [Please do NOT email it to me
directly either; post to the newsgroup so that everyone can read it and
perhaps offer suggestions.]

That being said, ODE45 or CUMTRAPZ would be good first steps in integrating
accelerometer data; use ODE45 if you have a function you've fit to the data
that fits well/matches the theory behind your experiment, CUMTRAPZ if you
have just the data itself.

Steve Lord