Topic: Vector integration - accelerometer data processing
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 12, 2012 1:54 PM

Derek Goring

Re: Vector integration - accelerometer data processing

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:32:32 AM UTC+13, Steven_Lord wrote:
> "Jun " <wangjun_7@163.com> wrote in message

> > John Lukesh <jlukesh@deltanet.com> wrote in message
>
> > <3AC566B5.F7239A4C@deltanet.com>...
>
> >> Hi,
>

> >> I think you should look at MATLAB?s ode (ordinary differential equations)
>
> >> functions, function ode45 for example. You should be able to set up your
>
> >> integration of accelerometer data problem as a set of first order
>
> >> differential equations and use one of the ode functions to solve for
>
> >> velocity and position. Go to help/function/ode45 as a start.
>

> >> Regards, John Lukesh

> > Dear John,
>

> > Can you tell me your new email address please?
>

> Considering that John's last posting was over eight years ago (according to
>
> MATLAB Central) if you want to ask a question you should probably post it to
>
> the newsgroup rather than trying to email him. [Please do NOT email it to me
>
> directly either; post to the newsgroup so that everyone can read it and
>
> perhaps offer suggestions.]
>

> That being said, ODE45 or CUMTRAPZ would be good first steps in integrating
>
> accelerometer data; use ODE45 if you have a function you've fit to the data
>
> that fits well/matches the theory behind your experiment, CUMTRAPZ if you
>
> have just the data itself.
>

> --
>
> Steve Lord
>
> slord@mathworks.com

> http://www.mathworks.com

Furthermore, this topic has been discussed many times before in this forum and various methods have been suggested. Use the search facility to find them.