Topic: How to insert a vector between two arbitrary points of a matrix?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 21, 2012 11:45 AM

bartekltg

Re: How to insert a vector between two arbitrary points of a matrix?

W dniu 2012-12-12 23:35, Wojtek pisze:
> So I have vectors with 1d FT. Let's say that their size is 1x1024. Every
> such vector should be placed in a 2d matrix, so that the center of the
> vector will be in the centre of a matrix - but each vector must be
> placed at a different angle. It's easy to put a vector horizontally in
> the matrix but I find it difficult to put such vectors at different
> angles. That's why I have a question: is there some smart way to put a
> vector of a specific size between two arbitrary points of a matrix? What

Some ideas:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1940833/how-do-i-create-an-image-matrix-with-a-line-drawn-in-it-in-matlab
but...

> I mean by that: I give two points of a matrix, I have a vector, and I
> want to put that vector (the whole vector from the first cell to the
> last one) between these two points. Almost always the number of cells in
> the matrix between these points will be different from the size of a
> vector - so some automatic interpolation would be necessary. It would be
> something like an inverse improfile function.
> I would be very grateful for some suggestions!

...you must be careful. I think you want to preserve norm
of that vector.

bartekltg