Topic: Superimpose different colormap figures over eachother on same figure
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 10:03 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Superimpose different colormap figures over eachother on same figure

"Chris " <cabraham@live.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone, I've searched everywhere and can't figure out a solution
> to my problem.
> I have 2 240x240 matrices one called IM which is the original image, and
> the second is a mask called MAP (it is a T2 map of the values from an MRI)
> of different values from 25-50. I want to have the original image IM as a
> grayscale then have the MAP as a colormap(jet) superimposed on top of the
> image keeping everywhere where the MAP has 0's as the greyscaled image has
> given by IM along with the colorscale given on the side of the image.
> This is what I have tried among many other ways but still no luck.
>
> figure, imagesc(im), colormap('gray');
> hold on;
> imagesc(MAP), colormap(jet);
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated

The colormap is a FIGURE property, not an AXES or IMAGE property. You can
have only one colormap per figure. You can _simulate_ multiple colormaps in
the same figure using the techniques described in this document:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-GNRWEH/index.html?solution=1-GNRWEH

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com