Topic: save figures without displaying
Replies: 28   Last Post: Feb 24, 2015 4:36 PM

Yuri Geshelin

Re: save figures without displaying

"Tor Inge Birkenes" wrote in message <kach7k$84p$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Any ideas how to save invisible figures, but have them open as visible?
>
> I have made a function that changes the visible parameter on a saved .fig file, thus make a fig file saved invisible open as visible. It looks like this:
>
> function makevisible(file)
> f=load(file,'-mat');
> n=fieldnames(f);
> f.(n{1}).properties.Visible='on';
> save(file,'-struct','f')
> end
>
> Just save this to makevisible.m and call makevisible('figure.fig'). Note that the .fig extension is necessary.
>
> Sources:
> http://undocumentedmatlab.com/blog/fig-files-format/ (to understand enough of the fig file format)
> http://blogs.mathworks.com/pick/2008/08/20/advanced-matlab-dynamic-field-names/ (to make the code more efficient)

Someone has already suggested a code in this thread, but this is not the solution Oliver was seeking. He wanted to open the files by clicking on them in explorer. This inevitably envokes OPENFIG. See the solution I suggested, it works.

Date Subject Author
4/14/11
Read save figures without displaying
Oliver
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Grzegorz
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Oliver
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
John
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Grzegorz
4/14/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
4/19/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Oliver Woodford
4/20/11
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
10/30/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Lisa Thierbach
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Tor Inge Birkenes
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Steven Lord
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
12/14/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Tor Inge Birkenes
12/13/12
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
11/1/13
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Julian
11/22/13
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Bo Zhang
2/11/14
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Benjamin
8/29/14
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Joe
9/2/14
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Joe
1/29/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Erik
1/29/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Erik
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Marco
1/30/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
1/31/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
2/2/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Marco
2/3/15
Read Re: save figures without displaying
Yuri Geshelin
2/24/15