Topic: save figures without displaying
Replies: 16   Last Post: Feb 11, 2014 1:14 PM

Yuri Geshelin

Re: save figures without displaying

"Tor Inge Birkenes" wrote in message <kach7k$84p$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Any ideas how to save invisible figures, but have them open as visible?
>
> I have made a function that changes the visible parameter on a saved .fig file, thus make a fig file saved invisible open as visible. It looks like this:
>
> function makevisible(file)
> f=load(file,'-mat');
> n=fieldnames(f);
> f.(n{1}).properties.Visible='on';
> save(file,'-struct','f')
> end
>
> Just save this to makevisible.m and call makevisible('figure.fig'). Note that the .fig extension is necessary.
>
> Sources:
> http://undocumentedmatlab.com/blog/fig-files-format/ (to understand enough of the fig file format)
> http://blogs.mathworks.com/pick/2008/08/20/advanced-matlab-dynamic-field-names/ (to make the code more efficient)

Someone has already suggested a code in this thread, but this is not the solution Oliver was seeking. He wanted to open the files by clicking on them in explorer. This inevitably envokes OPENFIG. See the solution I suggested, it works.