Topic: simple harmonic oscillator using ode45 function
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 28, 2013 9:04 AM

Steven Lord

Re: simple harmonic oscillator using ode45 function

"Shane " <shane_t@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> new to matlab and struggling to grasp the language. My problem is I have
> been given the equation:
>
> x" +ax' + bx = f(t)
> solved using the ode45 function
>
> first for f(t) = 0 and then when f(t)= 1
> the point is to study the influence of the variables a and b, I'm sure i
> will be comfortable enough to evaluate these myself once I have the code.

You should be able to fairly easily adapt one of the examples from the
documentation to solve your specific ODE.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/math/ordinary-differential-equations.html

In particular, the van der Pol example is already quite close to what you've
written.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com