Topic: simple harmonic oscillator using ode45 function
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 28, 2013 9:04 AM

Steven Lord

Re: simple harmonic oscillator using ode45 function

"Shane " <shane_t@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> new to matlab and struggling to grasp the language. My problem is I have
> been given the equation:
> x" +ax' + bx = f(t)
> solved using the ode45 function
> first for f(t) = 0 and then when f(t)= 1
> the point is to study the influence of the variables a and b, I'm sure i
> will be comfortable enough to evaluate these myself once I have the code.

You should be able to fairly easily adapt one of the examples from the
documentation to solve your specific ODE.

In particular, the van der Pol example is already quite close to what you've

Steve Lord