Topic: L.A. Times Population Report: Beyond 7 Billion - Fighting the
Last War?

Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 15, 2012 12:54 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: L.A. Times Population Report: Beyond 7 Billion - Fighting the Last War?

Responding to Richard Hake's post (pasted below my signature for reference):

This seems to have been posted earlier (??) And I believe I had responded to the question.

The Bartlett signature quotes are excellent - and we really need to start understanding the exponential function. (We may not be able to use Math-teach much longer - or indeed to do much else of anything at all - unless we make at least minimum efforts to start understanding the over-ridingly important exponential function [as it applies to human affairs on this planet]; I see few or no signs that any such minimum needed efforts are being made).

GSC
Richard Hake posted Dec 15, 2012 12:18 AM:

Message was edited by: GS Chandy