Topic: Ask for help to evaluate an equation
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 3:51 PM

Axel Vogt

Re: Ask for help to evaluate an equation

On 16.12.2012 13:46, Axel Vogt wrote:
> On 15.12.2012 18:29, hpe650820@gmail.com wrote:
>> I want to evaluate the following equation with mathematica but it seems i'm doing something wrong.
>>
>> Sum[(-1)^n/A^(n+1)t^(1+n-k(1-eta))beta^(n-k) Binomial[n,k](alpha
>> Gamma[1-eta])^k/Gamma[2+n-k(1-eta)],{n,0,Infinity},{k,0,Infinity}]
>>
>> Any help would be appreciate it
>>
>> Hugo Perea
>>

> I think it is result := -(exp(-1/A*t*beta)-1)/beta (yes, no alpha, no eta)

Seems that Summation can not be interchanged and the above is wrong. Sigh.

The following should work for numerical inputs (though gives no symbolic
solution), using Maple's syntax:

1/A*t+ Sum((-1)^n/(A^(n+1))*t^n*beta^n*
Sum(t^(1-k*(1-eta))*beta^(-k)*binomial(n,k)*(alpha*GAMMA(1-eta))^k/GAMMA(2+n-k*(1-eta)),
k = 0 .. n),n = 1 .. infinity)

I have not cared for the special case of eta = some positive integer.