Topic: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Replies: 90   Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 1:36 PM

Gary Tupper

Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
att1.html (4.5 K)

Regrettably, I believe Rob, Jeff & Wayne reflect the common American's
position: in the same way that the price of being Scandinavian is high
taxes; the price of being Haitian is poverty etc, the price of being
American is acceptance of violence.

I doubt that anything will really change after the vigils, candles &
hand-wringing is over.

Gary Tupper

On 12/16/2012 8:23 PM, Robert Hansen wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2012, at 9:36 PM, Jeff Bishop <Jeff@Bishop.NET
> <mailto:Jeff@Bishop.NET>> wrote:
>

>> I agree with all of my dad's points, save one. Restrictions on
>> nuclear weapons are, in my opinion, not infringements. For one
>> thing, nukes are not weapons individuals can bear, so they are
>> arguably not "arms" within the meaning of the Second Amendment.

> I don't think explosives was ever a consideration though ammunition
> does require powder. In my opinion, arms obviously meant guns and has
> always meant guns.
>
> People think this is new. Sadly, it isn't. In 1937 a monster every bit
> the equal to this one blew up an elementary school in Bath Michigan,
> killing 38 children.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
>
> In Japan and China they use knives.
>
> If it isn't guns, bombs, knives or poison then these monsters just use
> their bare hands and strangle them, one at a time.
>
> Obama spoke tonight...
>
> "We can't accept events like this as routine. Are we really prepared
> to say that we're powerless in the face of such carnage?" Obama said.
> That the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such
> violence visited on our children year, after year, after year is
> somehow the price of our freedom?"
>
> Yeah, unfortunately, this is the price we pay for freedom. We can't
> even keep gang members off the street. How the hell are we going to
> put enough "odd" people under surveillance just hoping to stop the
> rarest of sickos like this monster?
>
> Considering the number of gun deaths in Illinois, I wasn't even aware
> they had a ban on guns. More people are murdered in Chicago, with
> guns, than troops dying in Afghanistan. A lot more. What kind of gun
> ban is that?
>
> Just like education, if we want to understand how other countries
> achieve lower murder rates (there actually isn't that many of them)
> then go examine them to see how they achieve lower murder rates. I
> don't think it hinges on a lack of guns, though I could see the lack
> of interest in guns (in those countries) hinging on not being worried
> as much about being killed.
>
> Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
12/16/12
Read Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Wayne Bishop
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Jeff Bishop
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Greg Goodknight
12/17/12
[...]
Louis Talman
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Gary Tupper
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
casestudy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Michael Paul Goldenberg
12/17/12
[...]
Paul A. Tanner III
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Greg Goodknight
12/19/12
[...]
12/20/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/20/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/20/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/21/12
[...]
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Gary Tupper
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/24/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/25/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Haim
12/24/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/25/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/26/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/26/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/26/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/27/12