Topic: This applies only to sane people, eliminating some m-t readers
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 1:49 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: This applies only to sane people, eliminating some m-t readers

Michael Paul Goldenberg posted Dec 18, 2012 12:48 AM:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/sandy-hook-po
> lling_n_2316390.html

The headline read:

"Sandy Hook Polling: Unlike Past Shootings, Massacre Is Seen As Sign Of Broader Problems"

Thanks for that, Mike.

Well, at least the US seems now to be recognizing that there IS a broader problem. The article observes that some politicians (e.g. Joe Machin) have changed/are changing their minds; and I also saw a CNN TV report about a previous gun-supporting politician changing his mind. [Though it must be noted that Professor Wayne Bishop has trotted out the same old tired old arguments to the effect that increased gun ownership reduces shootings].

I guess that is progress, of a sort.

I guess further that *effective* action may well follow in due course. I sincerely do hope it will even if that is only in due course (however belated that may be).

US citizens interested in the issue might be able to speed up needed effective action by learning to think about and debate such complex issues more effectively than is possible using conventional means.

The attached document describes some practical means to enable and enhance speedier effective thinking and debate about complex issues such as the gun control laws.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy