Topic: Car Talk Geometry Puzzler (and solution)
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 11:26 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Car Talk Geometry Puzzler (and solution)

Responding to Richard Strausz's of Dec 18, 2012 3:20 PM:

Delightful problem indeed! (And I am adding it to my list of useful ideas/concepts/problems for students learning math - and indeed for all those interested in 'learning to think').

I had vaguely guessed that the answer might be something like using the line connecting the centres of the two rectangles - but I must confess I looked at the answer and did not work it out or sketch it.

GSC
Richard Strausz posted Dec 18, 2012 3:20 PM: