Topic: Problem with Bessel suite
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 18, 1996 5:05 AM

Matt Silvia

Re: Problem with Bessel suite

In article <4pp9ml$cm5@senator-bedfellow.MIT.EDU>, tvaughan@athena.mit.edu
(Timothy E Vaughan) wrote:

> I get the error message

> Unable to load mex file:
> ld.so.1: /paper/mnt2/matlab/bin/sol2/matlab: fatal: libM77.so.2:
> can't open file: errno=2
> ??? Invalid MEX-file
>
> Error in ==> /paper/mnt2/matlab/toolbox/matlab/specfun/besseli.m
> On line 40 ==> [w,ierr] = besselmx('I',nu,z);

Hi Tim,

The reason you are encountering this error message has to do with how
shared object libraries operate.

Using shared libraries, symbols may remain unresolved until run time. The
compiler and linker allow the symbols to be unresolved if they reside in
other shared object libraries; these other libraries are
then loaded at run time, to resolve the symbols.

The linker tags each unresolved symbol with the shared object library file
which will resolve it. Then, at run time, the operating system searches
for this shared library in a specific set of directories. The error
message you are receiving means that the operating system could not find
this file.

The directories are specified in the environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This environment variable must contain the directory
where libM77.so.2 is located. This should be
/opt/SUNWspro/SC3.0.1/lib.

To resolve this problem, first make sure that
/opt/SUNWspro/SC3.0.1/lib/libM77.so.2 exists. Then make sure that
LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes /opt/SUNWspro/SC3.0.1/lib.

I hope this helps.

-Matt

Matt Silvia | silvia@mathworks.com
The MathWorks, Inc. | email: support@mathworks.com
24 Prime Park Way | WWW : http://www.mathworks.com
Natick, MA 01760-1500 | FTP : ftp.mathworks.com
Phone: (508) 647-7000 | FAX : (508) 647-7201
| TechFacts : (508) 647-7022
"Time's fun when you're having flies." -- Kermit the Frog