The Math Forum

Topic: UNCOUNTABILITY
Replies: 59   Last Post: Dec 24, 2012 2:06 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: UNCOUNTABILITY

On Dec 21, 2:02 am, "Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlay...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Dec 20, 3:11 am, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Surely you must realize by now that attacking the diagonal argument
> > > (actually the direct construction of the ANTI-diagonal of a PRESUMED
> > > omegaXomega square) is THE #1 FAVORITE crank pastime around here.
> > > By posting this you are just inviting every crank from WM on down
> > > to do battle with you.  You are new enough that this my seem
> > > worthwhile
> > > to you, BUT IT ISN'T.  I'm not saying that JUST because I'm burnt out
> > > after 20 years.
> > > I'm saying it because it really is obvious from even casual
> > > consideration
> > > that LOGIC means NOTHING to these people!  They DON'T CARE if you/we
> > > have
> > > a proof!  THEY have THEIR canards and maxims and precepts, and THAT'S
> > > ALL
> > > THEY care about!  Progress is not really possible along a merely
> > > intellectual
> > > front (merely intellectual, our position is simply far too easy to
> > > confirm).
> > > A unified wall of contempt stands a better chance.

> > I didn't really read this last line. What do you mean by that?
>
> > Zuhair
>
> Of course our esteemed George Greene shouldn't be vilified for
> expressing his opinions, either.  And, it's fair to note that compared
> to mathoverflow, and other available Internet communication platforms,
> that quixotic jousting to the infinite is over-represented among
> suitable topics on mathematics and the development of mathematics.  It
> is a fallacy to read too much into his words beyond leaving them as
> indeterminate and the common fallacy of overgeneralization, as it
> would be to hew to it.
>
> Then while that's so and Greene is respectable, mathematical progress
> is by definition different than what there was before, where
> mathematics is true:  more.  And:  a stalwart, stoic, static, stoney,
> silence on that:  yes, there is more to foundations than the modern,
> is only that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ross Finlayson

Greene, Ullrich, Hughes, Knox

the 4 most vile attackers of free mathematical discussion

ALL GET PAID TO DEFEND THEIR CURRICULUM TEXT BOOKS!

You will GET ZERO* LOGICAL DISCUSSION FROM ANY OF THEM!

*some high level dismissals*

Herc

Date Subject Author
12/19/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
george
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Barb Knox
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Graham Cooper
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Graham Cooper
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
William Hughes
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
William Hughes
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
William Hughes
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Graham Cooper
12/23/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/23/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
William Hughes
12/24/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Graham Cooper
12/24/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/24/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/23/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/23/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/23/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/23/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
William Hughes
12/24/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/24/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/23/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
William Hughes
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Virgil
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/12
Read Re: COUNTABILITY of a set requires N to surject to it
Virgil
12/22/12
Read Re: UNCOUNTABILITY
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de