Topic: Image rotation detection probelm
Replies: 32   Last Post: Aug 8, 2013 10:46 PM

Phillip

Re: Image rotation detection probelm

It's true that for a given pair of images the cross correlation peak will be higher when they are registered correctly. But it is possible for one pair to have a higher peak than another pair even if the latter is better aligned - it all depends on the images. In other words, the value at the peak is not directly comparable across image pairs (unless the image pairs all have quite similar spatial content).

"Kev " <piakster@gmail.com> wrote in message <kau56h$9p7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> This solution is super useful for my application. I am basically working on an feature tracking/pattern recognition application and my method has to be rotation and intensity invariant. So one question is that will I get a higher xcorr peak if the 2 images are matching compared to none matching ones?
>
> Cheers,

Date Subject Author
6/19/09
Read Image rotation detection probelm
Pradyumna A
6/19/09
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Matt
9/16/09
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Hamid Reza Mohseni Nejad
8/2/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
chee ali
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Matt J
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/14/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/14/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/19/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/19/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/26/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/26/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/27/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/28/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/29/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/2/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/3/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/4/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/11/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/11/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/12/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/12/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Steven Lord
2/6/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Kev
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Kev
7/7/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
xmlfor
8/8/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
jacaboo