Topic: Image rotation detection probelm
Replies: 32   Last Post: Aug 8, 2013 10:46 PM

Kev

Re: Image rotation detection probelm

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for replying. I do not get the part on correct registration. Say if I have an image of the letter 'A' rotated. I try to do a xcorr of the polar transform of this image with the image of the letter 'A' upright. The peak of the xcorr will be higher than xcorr of a letter 'B' with 'A' right?

"Phillip" wrote in message <kb03n6$n63$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> It's true that for a given pair of images the cross correlation peak will be higher when they are registered correctly. But it is possible for one pair to have a higher peak than another pair even if the latter is better aligned - it all depends on the images. In other words, the value at the peak is not directly comparable across image pairs (unless the image pairs all have quite similar spatial content).
>
> "Kev " <piakster@gmail.com> wrote in message <kau56h$9p7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > This solution is super useful for my application. I am basically working on an feature tracking/pattern recognition application and my method has to be rotation and intensity invariant. So one question is that will I get a higher xcorr peak if the 2 images are matching compared to none matching ones?
> >
> > Cheers,

Date Subject Author
6/19/09
Read Image rotation detection probelm
Pradyumna A
6/19/09
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Matt
9/16/09
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Hamid Reza Mohseni Nejad
8/2/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
chee ali
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Matt J
12/21/10
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/14/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/14/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/19/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/19/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/26/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/26/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/27/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
11/28/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
11/29/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/2/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/3/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/4/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/11/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/11/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/12/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/12/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Steven Lord
2/6/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Darren g
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Phillip
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Kev
12/20/12
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
Kev
7/7/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
xmlfor
8/8/13
Read Re: Image rotation detection probelm
jacaboo