The Math Forum

Topic: Chapt15.35 explaining Space from Maxwell Equations #1102 New Physics
#1222 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 7   Last Post: Dec 23, 2012 3:20 AM

blackhead

Re: Chapt15.35 explaining Space from Maxwell Equations #1102 New
Physics #1222 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

On Dec 21, 7:27 am, Jos Bergervoet <jos.bergerv...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 12/21/2012 8:22 AM, benj wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 22:09:17 -0800, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>
> >> In the Faraday law, when we move the bar magnet near a closed loop of
> >> wire we create a electric current in the closed loop wire. We do that
> >> because the magnet makes a Space of magnetic monopoles that engulfs the
> >> closed loop wire and the energy of changing the magnet (movement) is
> >> absorbed by electrons which then respond to motion of the electron. So
> >> you take the motion of the magnet and the motion of the monopoles of
> >> Space and transfered that energy to the electron in the wire and caused
> >> it to move.

> > ARchie this is so idiotic it's not even wrong. No monopoles. Magnetic
> > fields let alone "monopoles" don't induce currents in wires. And space
> > doesn't transmit magnetic monopoles like a swarm of bees. You are living
> > in a fairytale land.

> > Will SOMEONE please censor this guy as a crackpot?
> > *I* am the official crackpot here!

> Those are very wise words. Can't Google do something
> about it?!
>
> (J)

To be fair to him, this is one of his better posts in
sci.physics.electromag because at least he's talking about Faraday's
law and moving magnets, and he is asking a question at the end of his
full post. So there's scope to at least discuss his points with him.

It's on topic in sci.physics.electromag but not in sci.math and
sci.chem, so someone there can flag the post under "other" as cross-
posting irrelevant topics.

Larry.