Topic: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Replies: 25   Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 10:48 AM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Dec 21, 2012 8:52 PM
>

>>> Is it something in the water?

>> - ----------------------------------
>>

>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/education/for-education-department-a-reversal-of-policy-on-programs-for-the-gifted.html?hpw&_r=0
>>> December 19, 2012
>>> A Policy Shift in Programs for the Gifted Is Abandoned
>>> By AL BAKER

>>An obvious solution would be to increase government
>>revenues so that both groups could get in.

> I commented on "the explosion" in the number of gifted and talented children in NYC, a biological and statistical improbability. To put it another way, this "explosion" shines a revealing light on the dishonesty of The Education Mafia. That they are playing at something is perfectly clear. Just exactly what they are playing at can be debated.

This is false since not only does this "mafia" not exist, but, as
evidenced by what the cited article itself says, it is parental
pressure that has and still is dictating things here.

>>> I live in The People's Republic of Brooklyn
>
>>You must like it, or you'd have left the NYC area
>>already to go live with your fellow conservatives in oh,
>>say, Mississippi.

> When are you moving to Norway?

As soon as you move to Mississippi?

Thanks for the opening, though:

"Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar"

in which I show, among other things, that via a link containing vast
amounts of documentation that Haim's prior claims are wrong when he
claims that US public school math education has collapse is utterly
false, that the opposite is the case, Haim is above talking about my
references to the Scandinavian countries, especially Norway, how each
one of their per-capita nominal GDPs have for every one one of or
almost every one one of (depending on the country) the past few
decades been larger than and growing faster than that of the US, and
how, according to the ongoing studies of which countries are best to
live in terms of which ones have the highest levels of happiness
according to the measurements of the studies, these Scandinavian
countries, especially Norway, top the entire world. (Norway's
per-capita nominal GDP is now around around $100,000 while that of the
US is only a little under $50,000. The Norwegian economy is now
roughly twice as large as the US economy, adjusted for population.)
See

"Moral economics -> world's highest living standard and greatest happiness"
http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=7633652&tstart=0

for lots of details, complete with large amounts of documentation.

Date Subject Author
12/20/12
Read A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/21/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/22/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
GS Chandy
12/22/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/22/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A
Bar
Wayne Bishop
12/23/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/23/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Robert Hansen
12/25/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/24/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/25/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/26/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/25/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
GS Chandy
12/25/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/26/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A
Bar
Wayne Bishop
12/25/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
GS Chandy
12/26/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/27/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Paul A. Tanner III
12/27/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
GS Chandy
12/27/12
Read Re: A Coordinator, A Facilitator, And An Educator Walk Into A Bar
Haim
12/28/12