Topic: Convert 2d matrix into several 1 D array
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 12:11 AM

Amith

Re: Convert 2d matrix into several 1 D array

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kbaeg3$p1j$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 12/24/2012 12:55 PM, Amith wrote:
> > Can anyone please help me with the following :
> >
> > a=[1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9]
> >
> > i want to change it into b1=[1 2 3]
> > b2=[4 5 6]
> > b3=[7 8 9]

> > The issue is i am not having b1, b2 and b3 (seperate arrays) but only 1 b3.
> >
> > i want matlab to understand that i need 3 seperate arrays .

> Generally that is a bad idea. For background on why and ways to
> accomplish the same thing w/o 'poofing' variables into the ML workspace
> search for 'Alternatives to the eval function' in the documentation.
>
> --
> for k=1:3

a_k=k;
end

is the above expression proper for having an output as follows:
a_1=1
a_2=2
a_3=3

i tried it in the matlab but dont get the expect output.

Can you suggest on how this could be achieved