Topic: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 11:11 PM

Virgil

Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???

In article
<96a45cc2-099b-4ebc-93ac-05754442f6b1@a8g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 26 Dez., 10:12, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > >  Try to find and
> > > identify by nodes only one further path.

> > AS soon as you tell us what paths you have included in your tree,

> So you do no longer claim that the Cantor-argument works by digits or
> nodes?

As usual, you draw unwarranted conclusions from everything.

As one identifies a path as a particular set of digits or nodes, how is
asking you to identify your paths in any way overlooking them?

> > we
> > will be able to tell you at least some of the ones that you have left
> > out. But until you show us your paths we have no way of knowing which
> > ones are yours and which ones are not yours.

> Although I told you all the nodes of my paths (namely all nodes of the
> Binary Tree) and no nodes of your paths (namely the empty set of
> nodes), you cannot distinguish my paths and your paths.

A path being a set of nodes, to distinguish it from other path one must
specify at least infinitely many of its nodes as being particular to
that path before it can b separated from any other path, but you never
have done this with any of your paths, so there is no telling which
paths you have.

You have also not proved that your set of paths is countable, which can
only be done by proving that they can be listed, and most easily done by
providing such a list.

> But according
> to Cantor's argument, you should be able to distinguish the diagonal
> by nodes only.

Only if one has a list of all the paths one wishes to distinguish it
from.

Since you claim that you set of paths can b isted, lets see you actually
do it.

> > > Then your claim may be
> > > considered by rational and sober thinkers.

> > It already has been considered by rational and sober thinkers

> like you
>

> > and
> > accepted by them and it is only drunk 'tinkers' like yourself who object.

> Object to what?

To your claim that you have a countable set of paths (in the form of
infinite binary sequences) which includes every possible innfinite
binary sequnce.

To prove your set is countable you must prove it to be listable, since
that is the same thing, but any listing of such infinite binary
sequences is provably incomplete, a fact know to all here but denied by
WM.
--

Date Subject Author
12/23/12
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/25/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/27/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/28/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/28/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/29/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/29/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
fom
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
fom
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
1/4/13
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
gus gassmann
12/26/12
[...]
Tanu R.
12/27/12
[...]