Topic: How Convert TXT data format to MAT data format
Replies: 10   Last Post: Oct 25, 2014 1:55 PM

Derek Goring

Re: How Convert TXT data format to MAT data format

On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:22:08 PM UTC+13, gork...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Well, clearly it isn't a recognizable .mat file.
>

> > Did you try Matlab's suggestion?
>

> > Was the file written from Matlab or is it just a stream file or some
>

> > other format from some other source?
>

> My file is a text file.I opened the text file with matlab an i saved the file .mat format.But then i didn't open the .mat file in matlab.
>
> My file contains numeric data.I guess I was an error saving the file.
>

> sorry for my english thank you

What do you mean when you say "I opened the text file..."?
Do you mean:
fid=fopen('myfile.txt','rt'):
If so, what did you do then?

Before you can save the data to a .mat file, you must read them into Matlab using something like textscan.
Then you can write them off to a .mat file using save.