Topic: fftshift
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 5, 2013 12:08 AM

ImageAnalyst

Re: fftshift

"maryam" wrote in message <kbie5v$29n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi dear friends, thanks for your reading
> I would like to know when a vector is transformed to Fourier domain using fftshift(fft(fftshift(s))),
> S=[t1 t2 t3 t4 ?. tn] & sampling frequency=Fr
> result vector fftshift(fft(fftshift(s))) is equal to [0 ?.. Fr] & sampling=Fr/n or [-Fr/2 ?.. Fr/2]?

I'm not sure I understand your question "when is the vector transformed?" I guess the answer would be it gets transformed when your code hits that particular line of your script that contains the fft() function.

By the say, you don't call fftshift on the time domain signal, you call it only after fft() is done creating the spectrum.

FouriedDomainSpecturm = fftshift(fft(timeDomainSignal));

Date Subject Author
12/27/12
Read fftshift
maryam