Topic: Fermat factorization running time
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 9:08 PM

Pubkeybreaker

Re: Fermat factorization running time

On Dec 27, 7:42 pm, "christian.bau" <christian....@cbau.wanadoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Dec 23, 6:22 pm, kadhir thillai <yourskad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > The logic that odd composite with least difference will be factored easily and large difference would factored hardly is wrong. Please follow the link to know more.http://kadinumberprops.blogspot.in

> I'll take a large random prime number p. Then I'll take a large prime
> number q randomly chosen randomly between 20p and 50p. Then I give you
> the product p*q. How are you going to factor this?

He isn't. The content of his link is total gibberish. It "isn't even
wrong".
BTW, the run time for Fermat's method is well known. If N = pq, it
takes time
O(|sqrt(N) - (p+q)/2|)