Topic: Countably Infinite Sets
Replies: 11   Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 9:08 PM

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz

Re: Countably Infinite Sets

In <virgil-B725AA.22411127122012@BIGNEWS.USENETMONSTER.COM>, on
12/27/2012
at 10:41 PM, Virgil <virgil@ligriv.com> said:

>In article
><22a702ac-b0b4-4c5e-b4f3-7d094499f431@r13g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,
> netzweltler <reinhard_fischer@arcor.de> wrote:

>> Does the set {{1}, {1,2}, {1,2,3}, ...} contain all natural numbers?

>Uunless one's naturals are sets of numerals rather than numerals, or
>sets of sets, as is more usual, it does not contain any of them.

Well, I'm used to seeing the finite ordinals as the model for the
natural numbers; for that it would be {0, {0}, {0,1}, {0,1,2},

reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org