Topic: serial communication with hex strings
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 11:31 AM

Shaparuddin

Re: serial communication with hex strings

"abdur.engineer@gmail.com" <abdur.engineer@gmail.com> wrote in message <704215.2514.1238597603367.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>...
> Hi all:
> I solved the problem by converting the hex to decimal using the hex2dec command in matlab. For example, something like
> E9 00 1F .. was fed in as
> [233 0 215] (these are not the exact values but you get the idea)
> so for example
> start=[233 0 215]
> fprintf(s1,start)
> start is fed in the vector format not as a string.
> Hope this helps.

Hi mr Abdur
I think I'm using the same pump as yours (from LongerPump company is it ?)
I'm also struggle to make the pump work using MATLAB but so far it still not working :(

So I would like to understand your method, is it mean you're feed in the protocol command in decimal value instead of Hex ?

Thank you so much for your reply.