Topic: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Replies: 27   Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 9:45 PM

Virgil

Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N

In article
<4a00241c-1c9f-4149-9c8e-73624b4208f0@s6g2000pby.googlegroups.com>,
"Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlayson@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are varieties of mathematicians, and they derive different
> values from our study of the same principles. Some derive value from
> the very closedness of things, that there are right and wrong answers
> to our most fundamental questions. Some derive value from the very
> openness of things, that there may be right and wrong answers to all
> our questions. There are various motivations for its study and
> application. Yet, it is largely so that given strong fundamental
> principles, there are available general results, and mathematics is
> for that those with totally different thinking, can share in truths,
> given the principles of mathematics.

Ross can convey less in more words than almost anyone else.
--

Date Subject Author
12/20/12
12/21/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Bill Taylor
12/22/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Porky Pig Jr
12/22/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/24/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
FredJeffries@gmail.com
12/22/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
David Bernier
12/22/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Butch Malahide
12/24/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
FredJeffries@gmail.com
12/24/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Butch Malahide
12/25/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Virgil
12/25/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Butch Malahide
12/25/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Virgil
12/25/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Butch Malahide
12/25/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Virgil
12/25/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Butch Malahide
12/26/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
gus gassmann
12/26/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Butch Malahide
12/27/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/27/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/28/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Virgil
12/28/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/28/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Virgil
12/28/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/28/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Virgil
12/28/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/25/12
Read Re: Continuous and discrete uniform distributions of N
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
12/25/12