Topic: CHANGING THE DIAGONAL!
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 4:14 AM

Virgil

Re: CHANGING THE DIAGONAL!

In article
<adde38fa-1e63-43a1-94f0-908da37a4f8f@s6g2000pby.googlegroups.com>,
Graham Cooper <grahamcooper7@gmail.com> wrote:

> +----->
> | 0. 542..
> | 0. 983..
> | 0. 143..
> | 0. 543..
> OK - THINK - don't back explain to me.
> You run down the Diagonal 5 8 3 ...
> IN YOUR MIND -
>
> [1]
> you change each digit ONE AT A TIME
> 0.694...
> but this process NEVER STOPS
>
> [2]
> so you NEVER CONSTRUCT A NEW DIGIT SEQUENCE!

That is like saying that the function f+ |N -> |N : x \_--> x^2
never ends.

As soon as one has a completed rule by which values of the function are
determined from its domain to its codomain, the function is defined.

E.g., f:|N --> |N : 2 |--> 2*x+1
is completed function

Thus a rule or function for determining anti-diagonal digits creates the
entire anti-diagonal list of digits in one step.