Topic: using lab test data in simulink to simulate a variable load
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 5:49 PM

isaac

Re: using lab test data in simulink to simulate a variable load

"James Kende" wrote in message <g5o2ie$422$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello,
> i am trying to use data obtained from a test cycle.
> This data is provided in an excel sheet and contains power
> usage..ie how much power is required from the battery to
> push a load.
> To simplify things..i am trying to simulate a load using
> real data...so the load is variable..(a programmable load).
>
> My circuit is simple..consists of a battery (LIOH), a load
> ( my data) and measuring equipment.
>
> The purpose of the experiment is to test the dynamics of
> the battery.
>
> Please help and thanks in advance.

You can use a current source as the load with the s input coming from a Timer block. In the timer block you can input both the time and the load arrays. What I did was, imported the load data. Divided the load (W, KW etc) by the voltage( which i am assuming is kept constant). Then, you get the current with respect to time. Put the current and the time in two arrays and use the variable as the input in the timer block.

data = load('load.txt'); %your load data.
X = data(1,:); % Time
Y = data(2,:); % Load
current = Y./120; %Dividing by 120 V

Now, use the variables 'X' and 'current' in the timer block. Hook the timer block to the current source and you should be good.