Topic: Cursor position on images
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 30, 2012 8:49 PM

Re: Cursor position on images

On Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:08:29 PM UTC-6, King, Peter R wrote:
> I am sure this is straightforward but I cannot quite see how to do this.
I have an image (jpg file, but could be any format if that matters). I want
to be able to left click on the image and mark the point with a dot of some sort and collect the coordinates of the point (the coordinate system is fairly arbitrary). I then want to be able to repeat this as many times as required and end up with a list of the coordinates of the points clicked on for further manipulation. Clickpane should do the trick but I can't work out how.
> Any suggestions, thanks.
> Peter

Try this:

image = ExampleData[{"TestImage", "Girl3"}];
ptColor = Yellow;
ptSize = Large;
image, Graphics[{PointSize[ptSize], ptColor, Point[ptsList]}]
AppendTo[ptsList, #] &], SpanFromLeft
PopupWindow[Button["View Points", ImageSize -> 100],
Dynamic@ptsList], SpanFromLeft
Button["Reset", ptsList = {}, ImageSize -> 100], SpanFromLeft
Alignment -> {Right, Baseline}

If you don't like the popup window, you can just evaluate Dynamic@ptsList in a separate cell. I'm sure someone has a more elegant solution, but this works. :)