Topic: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 11:11 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???

On Dec 30, 1:15 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <8a425f72-80f2-4aee-9bb9-01f1c6f12...@vb8g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
>

> > > requires that they be listable, but one can prove that they are not
> > > listable by showing that no list of them can be complete.
> > > And no mater how vociferously WM tries to argue otherwise, in standard
> > > mathematics that can all be done.
> > > --

> > Well, not when "standard" was "pre-Cantorian"
>
> I used only the present tense which eliminates pre-Cantorianism.
> --

Then you shouldn't discount the future where, as we know modern
mathematics is incomplete, there are to be discovered true things
about its domain, not its theorems.

And no, there's no proof that ZF (as a general foundation for modern
mathematics) is consistent and complete, and there aren't that it's
consistent, either, and Goedel shows, in modern mathematics, it's not
both. And, measure theory uses countable additivity (of the non-
finite non-zero infinitesimal differential patches) for real analysis,
and concrete mathematics uses asymptotics and sometimes, regular
infinite ordinals: with no applied results solely due transfinite
cardinals, and indeed transfinite set theory is somewhat a raw,
disposed shoehorn of real analysis. And half of the integers are
even.

Let's work more on posts, and progress, than replies. Quit worrying
so much about covering your ass, as getting your head out of it.

And as described above, a breadth-first traversal, sees different
results for the tree's "anti-diagonal", as that it's simply at the end
of the traversal, end-to-end, point-to-point.

Then the question arises, diagonal of what? Where's the middle?
Where's the square.

Draw a line: without putting pencil to paper. That's mathematics.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
12/23/12
Read Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/25/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/27/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/28/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/28/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/29/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/29/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
fom
12/30/12
[...]
1/4/13
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
gus gassmann
12/26/12
[...]
Tanu R.
12/27/12
[...]