Topic: Cursor position on images
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 30, 2012 8:49 PM

Roland Franzius

Re: Cursor position on images

Am 29.12.2012 21:08, schrieb King, Peter R:
> I am sure this is straightforward but I cannot quite see how to do
> this. I have an image (jpg file, but could be any format if that
> matters). I want to be able to left click on the image and mark the
> point with a dot of some sort and collect the coordinates of the
> point (the coordinate system is fairly arbitrary). I then want to be
> able to repeat this as many times as required and end up with a list
> of the coordinates of the points clicked on for further manipulation.
> Clickpane should do the trick but I can't work out how.
>
> Any suggestions, thanks.

Left click curson on the image to select.

Enlarge the image by dragging the lower left corner in order to get a
better resolution for positioning the cross hairs.

Right click the image and select "Get coordinates" from the context menu.

After this opening procedure each mouse click on a point followed by
Ctrl C writes the actual list of the coordinate pair at the selected
cursor position into a Copy&Paste List.

Selecting a input cell position you can copy the list with Ctrl+V

--

Roland Franzius