Topic: Students Watching Youtube Videos for Help
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 30, 2012 8:32 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Students Watching Youtube Videos for Help

On Dec 30, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Math Is Hard <helpme@mathishard.me> wrote:

> How does everyone here feel about students watching youtube tutorials to help them with their math homework?
>
> Do you think is this is effective?

Yes they are effective if you have most of the pieces and just need examples of putting them all together.

> Do you think this is real learning?

Yes it is real learning, if you define learning as knowing a little more than you did prior to watching the tutorial.

> Do you think this is better or some students then going over class notes or reading the textbook?

I don't understand the question. Are students only allowed to choose one?

Bob Hansen