Topic: Probability Pill
Replies: 20   Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 7:23 PM

William Elliot

Re: Probability Pill

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012, quasi wrote:

> >> I meant _your_ source, where _you_ got the problem, not the
> >> actual source.

> >Email, if makes any difference for this group

> Fine, and in that case you could have introduced the problem
> by saying something like ...
>
> In a private email, I was asked the following question ...
>
> ... question ...
>
> Of course you don't actually _have_ to reveal your source, but
> by doing so, at least you dispel the false impression that the
> problem is of your own creation.

With that finally acceptable answer, did quo learn anything
new that I hadn't already told you?

> On the other hand, if someone (such as myself) asks you for the
> nature of your source, it don't see why you would choose to
> withhold that information.

Why do you block your email address while others such as I, don't?

My response was appropriate to the quality of your unacademic
asking copied here, for your convenience, below.

--
From quasi@null.set Thu Dec 27 02:47:23 2012

I suspect that the above question is not actually yours.

If that's the case, what is the actual source?

Is it from a poster in another forum? If so, why do you omit
mention of the poster and the forum?

Is it from a book or math contest?

Why do you repeatedly post questions that are not your own
without giving credit to the source?