Topic: interpolate
Replies: 12   Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 9:33 AM

Steven Lord

Re: interpolate

"dpb" <none@non.net> wrote in message news:kbl55f$d1g$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> On 12/28/2012 3:35 PM, maryam wrote:
>

>>> Here is a simple code, that Matlab wouldn?t run it:

>>> I didn?t know how to round d vector?
>>> And how could I interpolate rows of s matrix?
>>>
>>> I would really appreciate your kind help

>> ------------------
>> One thing I forgot, after interpolation we shift its value to nearest
>> element

> This is getting more, not less confusing all the time...I have no idea
> what the last is intended...
>
> Again, give a _small_ dataset and a desired result and a rule for how you
> got the result from the input. Giving non-working code for an
> ill-specified problem is of no help in explaining a desired algorithm.

I'm going to make dpb's request more specific. For this specific matrix:

A = [1, 2, 4; 7, 12, 22; 8, 19, 45]

What EXACTLY do you want the result of the interpolation you described to
be? If possible also show the steps/calculations you'd perform to obtain
that result if you had to perform the interpolation using pencil and paper.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com