Topic: License Activation/Deactivation
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 12:24 AM

Steven Lord

Re: License Activation/Deactivation

"Matt " <mtbeale@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My current MatLab commercial license allows me to operate the program on
> one computer. However, sometimes I may be away from the computer that the
> program is operating on for two weeks at a time. I do bring a separate
> laptop with me when I am away.
> So, is it "Kosher" for me to deactivate MatLab on my stationary computer
> when I am away from it and then subsequently activate it on my Laptop? And
> then when I return to my stationary computer I can simply reactivate it
> while deactivating the program on my laptop? That way, I am still using
> the program on only one computer at a time and operating within the legal
> bounds of the license.
> However, I am not certain if this practice is frowned upon or if Mathworks
> shys people away from doing this by perhaps not allowing one to reactivate
> a computer for a certain grace period?
> Also, if I instantly deactivate the stationary computer online through
> Mathworks can I instantly activate it on my laptop, and vice versa?
> Thoughts on this are appreciated.

I don't know the specific details behind license activation and deactivation
policy. You should contact Customer Service with these questions. They can
answer whether what you're trying to do is allowed/supported by the license
agreement and terms or not and may be able to provide an alternative
approach if it is not allowed/supported.

Steve Lord