Topic: Creating Datatips with additional information
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 1:14 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Creating Datatips with additional information

"Michael " <mbouey@asu.edu> wrote in message
> So I have more information I would like to display in the datatip cursor
> than what I want to plot. I have an 8-dimensional array and only want the
> plot the first two dimenstions, but want the rest information displayed in
> the datatip cursor.

*snip*

> What I want the cursor to display at i_th location along the line:
> 'X: data(i,1) \n'
> 'Y: data(i,2) \n'
> 'Z: data(i,3) \n'
> 'P: data(i,4) \n'
> 'T: data(i,5) \n'
> ... etc.
>
> How would I do this? Thx.

Create an UpdateFcn for use with DATACURSORMODE and include the additional
information in the UpdateFcn. See the last section of the Examples on this
documentation page for an example that does this.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/datacursormode.html

Use the techniques described here to pass the additional information into
your UpdateFcn.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/math/parameterizing-functions.html

--
Steve Lord