Topic: how to access a value in a variable and send into a struct
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 2, 2013 10:02 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: how to access a value in a variable and send into a struct

On 1/1/2013 5:29 AM, sathish kumar wrote:
> i want access the value of a variable 'start', iam getting error as undefined variable or function 'start'
> i have not defined ''start'' before this part of code,directly i am assigning value of i to the ''start'' variable
> here is my code
> for i=1:length(group)
> if fg >= g(i);
> if kg >= l(i);
> if max h == h(i);
> start = i
> break;
> end
> end
> end
> end
> do_game=cri{start};
>
> here cri=sem_de;
> sem_de{j}=sem;
>

> please tell me how to define a variable ''start'' in this code

Have you thought what might happen if you finish the above loop
over length(group) and the statment `start=i` is never executed?

What would happen in this case when you get to the line below
this loop which says

do_game=cri{start};

would not 'start' be undefined in this case?

Also, what exactly is this suppose to mean?

if max h == h(i);

And why not replace all these `if` nesting with one logical && ?

--Nasser