Topic: how to access a value in a variable and send into a struct
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 2, 2013 10:02 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: how to access a value in a variable and send into a struct

On 1/1/2013 5:29 AM, sathish kumar wrote:
> i want access the value of a variable 'start', iam getting error as undefined variable or function 'start'
> i have not defined ''start'' before this part of code,directly i am assigning value of i to the ''start'' variable
> here is my code
> for i=1:length(group)
> if fg >= g(i);
> if kg >= l(i);
> if max h == h(i);
> start = i
> break;
> end
> end
> end
> end
> do_game=cri{start};
> here cri=sem_de;
> sem_de{j}=sem;
> please tell me how to define a variable ''start'' in this code

Have you thought what might happen if you finish the above loop
over length(group) and the statment `start=i` is never executed?

What would happen in this case when you get to the line below
this loop which says

would not 'start' be undefined in this case?

Also, what exactly is this suppose to mean?

if max h == h(i);

And why not replace all these `if` nesting with one logical && ?