Topic: Mathematics as discourse about form:
Replies: 12   Last Post: Jan 2, 2013 11:04 AM

matdumi@gmail.com

Re: Mathematics as discourse about form:

On Jan 2, 3:09 pm, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 7:37 am, Charlie-Boo <shymath...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 1, 6:55 am, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Add a new primitive to the language of ZFC,
> > > this primitive is the binary relation "exemplifies" denoted by
> > > the infix dyadic symbol ~

> > Zuhair, you are trying to define one nebulous term (mathematics) with
> > another nebulous term ("form").  In fact, "form" is so nebulous that
> > it doesn't even have a definition itself, so now you have to define
> > what IT is.  That's not how definitions work.

> > You define something using familiar, well understood, accepted terms
> > and concepts.  Then we immediately gain the wealth of knowledge of
> > firsthand experience using these terms and concepts.  And personal
> > experience can even give meaning to something inherently
> > unfathomable.  What does it mean to think?  That is fairly nebulous.
> > But since we all do it most of the time, we can accept references to
> > "thinking".

> > That is why I keep pointing out that you have not established the
> > essential properties of your system - that it defines exactly math, no
> > more, no less: there is no intuitive meaning to your terms because you
> > are coining them as you go along.  You even use odd syntax where $
> > appears in an expression next to other punctuation characters.

> > Both Hilbert and Einstein tell us any theory can be explained in
> > simple terms if we understand it enough.  That is because
> > understanding means to equate something with our past experiences
> > which we know so well and are so comfortable with.  Not introducing
> > another undefined term.  Undefined term Math = = Undefined term Form =
> > = ???

> > C-B
>
> > > Define:
>
> > > R is a form defining relation iff
> > > R is an equivalence relation &
> > > For all x. ~x=0 -> For all s. Exist y. y R x & s in TC(y)

> > > TC(y) refers to the 'transitive closure of y"
> > > defined in the usual manner as the minimal
> > > transitive superset of y.

> > > To the axioms of ZFC add the following axiom scheme:
>
> > > Forms: if R is a binary relation symbol, then
>
> > > [R is a form defining relation ->
> > > For all x. Exist! $: For all y (y ~ $ <-> y R x)]

> > > is an axiom.
>
> > > Each $ here is said to be a form defined after R and x.
> > > /

> > > Now the idea is that For any theory T if T can be
> > > interpreted in ZFC+forms in a manner such that
> > > each object in T is interpreted as some form in
> > > ZFC+forms and all primitive relations of T are
> > > interpreted by defined relations in ZFC+forms;
> > > then T is a mathematical Theory.

> > > Example: Peano Arithmetic "PA" is interpretable in
> > > in ZFC+forms by an interpretation where all objects
> > > of PA are interpreted as forms each defined after
> > > equivalence relation bijection and some set in
> > > the following manner:

> > > Define (natural number): # is a natural number  iff
> > > (Exist x. x is finite & for all y. y ~ # <-> y bijective to x)

> [...]

May be .
The form is the solution,object absence.The form determination is a
problematic system,a problem system, being.The being,the problem is a
logical somme of default with existences.This is a structure. The
extensional study of being,of proble is the mathematics task and the
intensional study of problerm,of being is the metaphysisc task.The
logic is the extensional study of resolution and the psychology is the
intensional study of resolution.The resolution is a compex of
categorico.disjunctive infference.The intensional study of
solution,that is of existence ,is the task of ontology and the
extensional study of existence is the task of sicences.The problem,the
being is a schemas too and this are cognoscibles because this are the
actions schemas.The existences are hypoteticals.