Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 1 Jan., 19:19, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The distinguishability argument is a deep intuitive argument about the
> question of Countability of the reals. It is an argument of mine, it
> claims that the truth is that the reals are countable. However it
> doesn't claim that this truth can be put in a formal proof.

The distinguishability argument is neither deep nor intuitive. And is
not an argument of yours since you do not even understand its
implications. It is simply the basis of the axiom of extensionality.
How should we distinguish elements if they could not be distinguished?

we arrive finally at:

> FINAL CONCLUSION:
>
> The number of all reals is COUNTABLE.

Of course this would be the result if "countable" was a sensible
notion.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com