Topic: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Replies: 43   Last Post: Feb 9, 2013 9:20 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not

On Jan 3, 9:18 am, tdadamemd-spamblo...@excite.com wrote:
> I just started a concurrent discussion over on the Wikipedia Talk page for Pi:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Pi
>
> That may not have been the smartest move on my part, because there's a high probability that it can lead to a fractured discussion.  It might be best if we pick just one of these two forums to carry on the discussion.
>
> But if separate thread are preferred, then we can make the best of it.
>
> ~ CT

Tau is worse than Pi!

90 DEGREES is the FUNDAMENTAL ANGLE and PI/2 makes NAVIGATION SO MUCH
SIMPLER!

1/2 a RA right! = 45 degrees to the right!

*******post from 2012******

SIN and COS still work on RADIANS

RA is my shorthand for Right Angle = PI/2 (in Radians)

1RA = 90/57 degrees/degrees = 1.57 Radians

So RA is usually in Radians but is not 1 RAdian.

RA is actually an angle, 90 degrees!

PI and TAU are too big for the mainstream to conceptualise as angles.

****

4 RA r = Circumference. ( 2 Pi r )

RA = Right Angle in RADIANS!

2 RA in a Triangle!

Get used to it! I'm programming the Nav Computers!

RA and Meters Northwards and Meters Eastward are the new units!

****

e.g.
TOM: "Where is the nearest Servo?"
NAVVY: "2 kilometres Northward and 700 meters Eastward"
NAVVY: "Head 1 quarter RA Rightward from your current bearing"
1/4 RA = 90 degrees / 4 = 22.5 degrees!
****

So what is 1 RA?
RA = PI/2 = 1.57079636279...

Date Subject Author
1/2/13
Read The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J.B. Wood
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Graham Cooper
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Sam Wormley
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J.B. Wood
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Transfer Principle
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J.B. Wood
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/8/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/8/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/6/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
1/7/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Kaba
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Porky Pig Jr
1/2/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/4/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/5/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
tdadamemd-spamblock-@excite.com
1/3/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
trj
1/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Michael Press
1/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Michael Press
1/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/10/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Michael Press
1/10/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/11/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/11/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/16/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/17/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/24/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/9/13
Read Re: The Reason Why Tau Is Fundamental And Why Pi Is Not
Wally W.