Topic: Why is it you Guys NEVER ACTUALLY CALCULATE a Real Anti-Diagonal ??
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 10:30 PM

george

Re: Why is it you Guys NEVER ACTUALLY CALCULATE a Real Anti-Diagonal ??

On Jan 1, 4:09 am, "INFINITY POWER" <infin...@limited.com> wrote:
> ******CHALLENGE TO LECTURER GEORGE GREENE*******
> LIST
>   R1=  0.314159265358979323 ...
>   R2=  0.2718281828459045235360 ...
>   R3=  0.333333333333333333 ...
>   R4=  0.888888888888888888888888 ...
>   R5=  0.0123456789012345678901234 ...
>   R6=  0.14142135623730950488 ...
>
> GO ON!   It's the most STUPID PUERILE RUBBISH IN HISTORY!

You CAN'T JUST SAY "go on". YOU have to supply the meaning of the
ellipsis.
YOU have to tell us JUST HOW you are going on.

> You really think...
>
> 0.00000...
> 0.10000...
> 0.20000...
> 0.40000...
> 0.50000...
> 0.60000...
> 0.70000...
> 0.80000...
> 0.90000...
>
> ARE ALL MISSING!

NO, DUMBASS, I DO NOT think all those are missing. For all I care,
you could STIPULATE that they are all PRESENT.
THE ANTI-DIAGONAL *WOULD*STILL* be missing.

> Not too sure about the 0.3..... series!
>
> 0.300000... SKIP THAT REAL!  IT COULD BE THERE!

Any and every real YOU LIKE could be there because you can only
SAY YOU LIKE the ones THAT ARE DEFINABLE, DUMBASS.
Uncountably many of them are NOT definable and would take
LONGER THAN YOU CAN TALK to specify.
That is why THE QUESTION THAT IS THE TITLE of your thread is TOTALLY
stupid. WHY IS IT THAT *YOU* NEVER CALCULATE Pi? Or e? Or the
square root of 2??
ANY "calculation" of ANY irrational real NEVER TERMINATES,
*DUMBASS*. YOU NEVER
FINISH "calculating" it! Are you REALLY STUPID enough to claim that
that MATTERS?
THAT *DOES*NOT* matter! It IS INHERENT in the nature OF ANYthing
infinitely long
that OF COURSE you never "Actually calculate" it!!