Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 3 Jan., 17:30, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that distinguishability in (2) is the same distinguishability
> in (1) it has exactly the same definition.

Of course it is. To distinguish or not to distinguish, that is the
question.

> We have only COUNTABLY many finite initial segments of reals that we
> can distinguish of course on finite basis, that's what is available,
> we don't have more.

And Cantor does not pretend to use more in his argument. So whether
there are indistinguishable reals is completely irrelevant for his
argument and the set of reals considered by him.

> By the way I might be wrong of course, I'll be glad to have anyone
> spot my error,

You will not find anybody to do so. The matheologians only blather
irrelevant nonsense because it is obvious to every sober brain, that
Cantor was in error. But it seems to be so deeply inplanted in most
mathematicians brains that they are incapable of thinking the
opposite. I enjoy every semester the experience that 40 young and very
bright student understand immediately. Their only advantage is that
most of them never heard about Cantor until one week before I tell
them the truth.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com