Topic: Why is it you Guys NEVER ACTUALLY CALCULATE a Real Anti-Diagonal ??
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 10:30 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: Why is it you Guys NEVER ACTUALLY CALCULATE a Real Anti-Diagonal ??

On Jan 3, 3:38 pm, George Greene <gree...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
> On Jan 1, 4:09 am, "INFINITY POWER" <infin...@limited.com> wrote:
>

> > ******CHALLENGE TO LECTURER GEORGE GREENE*******
> > LIST
> >   R1=  0.314159265358979323 ...
> >   R2=  0.2718281828459045235360 ...
> >   R3=  0.333333333333333333 ...
> >   R4=  0.888888888888888888888888 ...
> >   R5=  0.0123456789012345678901234 ...
> >   R6=  0.14142135623730950488 ...

> > GO ON!   It's the most STUPID PUERILE RUBBISH IN HISTORY!
>
> You CAN'T JUST SAY "go on". YOU have to supply the meaning of the
> ellipsis.
> YOU have to tell us JUST HOW you are going on.
>

> > You really think...
>
> > 0.00000...
> > 0.10000...
> > 0.20000...
> > 0.40000...
> > 0.50000...
> > 0.60000...
> > 0.70000...
> > 0.80000...
> > 0.90000...

> > ARE ALL MISSING!
>
> NO, DUMBASS, I DO NOT think all those are missing.  For all I care,
> you could STIPULATE that they are all PRESENT.
> THE ANTI-DIAGONAL *WOULD*STILL* be missing.
>

> > Not too sure about the 0.3..... series!
>
> > 0.300000... SKIP THAT REAL!  IT COULD BE THERE!
>
> Any and every real YOU LIKE could be there because you can only
> SAY YOU LIKE the ones THAT ARE DEFINABLE, DUMBASS.
> Uncountably many of them are NOT definable and would take
> LONGER THAN YOU CAN TALK to specify.
> That is why THE QUESTION THAT IS THE TITLE of your thread is TOTALLY
> stupid.   WHY IS IT THAT *YOU* NEVER CALCULATE Pi?  Or e?  Or the
> square root of 2??
> ANY "calculation" of ANY irrational real NEVER TERMINATES,
> *DUMBASS*.    YOU NEVER
> FINISH "calculating" it!  Are you REALLY STUPID enough to claim that
> that MATTERS?
> THAT *DOES*NOT* matter!  It IS INHERENT in the nature OF ANYthing
> infinitely long
> that OF COURSE you never "Actually calculate" it!!

GIVEN THIS LIST

A LIST OF REALS IN [BASE 4]
R1 0.0000...
R2 0.3333...
R3 0.3210...

0.100... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.200... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.300... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.110... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.210... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.310... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.120... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.220... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.320... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.102... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.202... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.302... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.112... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.212... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.312... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.122... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.222... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.322... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.103... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.203... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.303... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.113... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.213... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.313... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.123... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.223... is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.323... is MISSING FROM THE LIST

HINT: DIGIT 1 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[1,1]
HINT: DIGIT 2 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[2,2]
HINT: DIGIT 3 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[3,3]

TRUE OR FALSE YOU HYPER-INFINITE-FUCKWIT ??

... ADDED means AND SO ON