Topic: Why is it you Guys NEVER ACTUALLY CALCULATE a Real Anti-Diagonal ??
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 10:30 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: Why is it you Guys NEVER ACTUALLY CALCULATE a Real Anti-Diagonal ??

On Jan 4, 2:00 pm, George Greene <gree...@email.unc.edu> wrote:

> To which I replied,
>

> > > You CAN'T JUST SAY "go on". YOU have to supply the meaning of the
> > > ellipsis.
> > > YOU have to tell us JUST HOW you are going on.

> The idiot then continued,
>

> > GIVEN THIS LIST
>
> > A LIST OF REALS IN  [BASE 4]
> > R1  0.0000...
> > R2  0.3333...
> > R3  0.3210...

> *THIS* is *NOT* a list of reals (in base 4), DUMBASS.
> YOU HAVE NOT SAID what the ... MEANS!!
>

> > 0.100...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.200...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.300...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.110...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.210...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.310...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.120...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.220...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.320...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.102...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.202...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.302...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.112...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.212...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.312...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.122...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.222...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.322...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.103...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.203...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.303...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.113...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.213...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.313...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.123...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.223...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > 0.323...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
> > **********************

> I HAVE NO WAY OF TELLING whether any of these are or are not missing
> from the list!
> You HAVE NOT SAID whether these ARE OR ARE NOT *ON* the list.
> If they ARE on it then OF COURSE THEY ARE *NOT* missing.
> If they are not on it then OF COURSE THEY ARE missing.
>

> > HINT:  DIGIT 1 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[1,1]
> > HINT:  DIGIT 2 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[2,2]
> > HINT:  DIGIT 3 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[3,3]

> DIGIT 1 *OF*WHAT*, DUMBASS??  OF COURSE digit 1 of THE ANTI-DIAGONAL
> OF THIS LIST
> is different FROM (*not* different TO, but nobody ever accuse YOUR
> dumb ass of being
> able to speak English) L[1,1], AND from every OTHER entry on the
> diagonal, which
> means the anti-diagonal IS NOT ON  the list, which means the list IS
> NOT the list of
> ALL the reals.
>

> > TRUE OR FALSE YOU HYPER-INFINITE-FUCKWIT ??
>
> > ... ADDED means  AND SO ON
>
> And "so" on HOW, DUBMASS??
>
> If the only two numbers I give you to start with are 2, 4, ....
> then there are A GREAT MANY DIFFERENT ways of going "and so" on,
> DUMBASS.
> YOU have NOT said ANY of them.

Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet is smarter than you!

IT can figure out how to continue the sequence!

HINT:  DIGIT 1 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[1,1]
HINT:  DIGIT 2 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[2,2]
HINT:  DIGIT 3 IS DIFFERENT TO LIST[3,3]

HINT-B : all those HINTs hold for every number stated.

0.302...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.112...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST
0.212...   is MISSING FROM THE LIST

R1  0.0000...
R2  0.3333...
R3  0.3210...

I don't think George even gets that far!

SEE the 3 is 0.302 is DIFFERENT from LIST[1,1] ?

YES? NO?

DONT ANSWER GEORGE!

Herc