Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 4 Jan., 10:54, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 4, 10:22 am, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <3c133339-6b4c-4f74-937f-804bdaad3...@t5g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

> >  Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Those are not different numbers. Such objects cannot appear in any
Cantor list as entries or diagonal

> > > Of course all reals are to be represented by *INFINITE* binary decimal
> > > expansions, so 0.12 is represented as 0.120000...

It is impossible to represent any real number by an infinite expansion
that is not defined by a finite word.

> > > So we are not speaking about the same distinguishability criterion.

There is no other criterion.

> which mean that your objection is irrelevant to my argument. I think
> that the argument that I've presented

that you have parroted without understanding its implications

> shows some COUNTER-INTUITIVENESS
> to uncountability, that's all.

Have you ever seen that Cantor's argument works without
distinguishability? Why must b_n =/= a_nn? Never wondered why that is
required at a finite n?Anybody who pretends that there are numbers
that cannot be distinguished is outside of mathematics and even
outside of Cantor's argument and its implications.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de