Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

Virgil

In article
<af7faea0-149c-4151-966b-1c656ab8ee6b@b11g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 4 Jan., 10:54, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 4, 10:22 am, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> >

> > > In article
> > > <3c133339-6b4c-4f74-937f-804bdaad3...@t5g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

> Those are not different numbers. Such objects cannot appear in any
> Cantor list as entries or diagonal

> It is impossible to represent any real number by an infinite expansion
> that is not defined by a finite word.

> There is no other criterion.

> > which mean that your objection is irrelevant to my argument. I think
> > that the argument that I've presented

> that you have parroted without understanding its implications
>

> > shows some COUNTER-INTUITIVENESS
> > to uncountability, that's all.

> Have you ever seen that Cantor's argument works without
> distinguishability? Why must b_n =/= a_nn? Never wondered why that is
> required at a finite n?Anybody who pretends that there are numbers
> that cannot be distinguished is outside of mathematics and even
> outside of Cantor's argument and its implications.

And until WM can produce a surjection from N to R, none of his claims
that the reals are countable show that the definition of countability
for R can be met.

Thus R remains uncounted even in Wolkenmuekenheim.
--

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de