Topic: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Replies: 69   Last Post: Jan 4, 2013 11:11 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???

On Dec 30 2012, 1:44 pm, "Ross A. Finlayson"
<ross.finlay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 30, 1:15 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <8a425f72-80f2-4aee-9bb9-01f1c6f12...@vb8g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Well, not when "standard" was "pre-Cantorian"
>
> > I used only the present tense which eliminates pre-Cantorianism.
> > --

> Then you shouldn't discount the future where, as we know modern
> mathematics is incomplete, there are to be discovered true things
> about its domain, not its theorems.
>
> And no, there's no proof that ZF (as a general foundation for modern
> mathematics) is consistent and complete, and there aren't that it's
> consistent, either, and Goedel shows, in modern mathematics, it's not
> both.  And, measure theory uses countable additivity (of the non-
> finite non-zero infinitesimal differential patches) for real analysis,
> and concrete mathematics uses asymptotics and sometimes, regular
> infinite ordinals:  with no applied results solely due transfinite
> cardinals, and indeed transfinite set theory is somewhat a raw,
> disposed shoehorn of real analysis.  And half of the integers are
> even.
>
> Let's work more on posts, and progress, than replies.  Quit worrying
> so much about covering your ass, as getting your head out of it.
>
> And as described above, a breadth-first traversal, sees different
> results for the tree's "anti-diagonal", as that it's simply at the end
> of the traversal, end-to-end, point-to-point.
>
> Then the question arises, diagonal of what?  Where's the middle?
> Where's the square.
>
> Draw a line:  without putting pencil to paper.  That's mathematics.

Rather casually: rays through ordinal points.

Draw the binary tree with the endpoints of the paths of the finite
tree to points 0, ..., 2^n-1.

Consider rays from the origin, to the ordinal points 0, ..., 2^n-1.
They are countable.

Then with rays from the origin through 0, ..., 2^w-1, they are
countable.

Are not the rays dense in the paths?

Regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
12/23/12
Read Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/24/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/25/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/27/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/28/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/28/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/29/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/29/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
fom
12/30/12
[...]
1/4/13
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/30/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Virgil
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/26/12
Read Re: Distinguishability of paths of the Infinite Binary tree???
gus gassmann
12/26/12
[...]
Tanu R.
12/27/12
[...]