Topic: Sorry for the empty message. Here is the problem with DiscreteMarkovProcess...
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 5, 2013 2:27 AM

Bhuvanesh

Re: Here is the problem with DiscreteMarkovProcess...

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:14:15 PM UTC-6, Richard Palmer wrote:
> The code
>

> len=3;
>
> v=RandomInteger[1000,len];v=v/Total[v];v
>
> Total[v]
>
> tm = RandomReal[1, {len, len}];
>
> tm = #/Total[#] & /@ tm;
>
> dmp = DiscreteMarkovProcess[v, tm]
>
> Graph[dmp]
>
> MarkovProcessProperties[dmp]
>

> works as advertised.
>

> Change len=7 and the code does not work.
>
> On my system, len=4 works, but len=5 does not.
>

> What is going on?

This was a bug, and it has been fixed and should work correctly in an upcoming release. In the meantime, here is a workaround:

Unprotect[DiscreteMarkovProcess];
ProcessParameterQ[dmp] ^= True;
Protect[DiscreteMarkovProcess];

I apologize for the inconvenience.