Replies: 83   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 12:58 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

On 4 Jan., 19:47, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:
>  The rationals
> are not complete.  So much so, in fact, that they are a set
> of measure zero.
>
> But, wait.

No reasonable reason to wait. "Measure zero" is a nonsense expression
because it presupposes aleph_0 as a meaningful notion. There are
convergent sequences, but the limit is never assumed, not "after
aleph_0 steps".

>  A set of measure zero presumes a sigma algebra generated
> from the open sets of the topology (or the compact sets if you
> prefer).
>

> > Cantor's list establishes the uncountability of distinguishable and
> > hence constructable reals.

> Constructible real has a definite sense that you
> do not abide by.  You should talk of nameable reals and
> Frege's notion of definite symbols.

Constructible reals are a subset of nameable reals. (Every
prescription for a construction is a name.) Therefore I do not make an
error.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Zaljohar@gmail.com